Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Blog #11 Creating a Wiki

I have been using wikis for long time, I have always liked how easy to read and how informative they are. A lot of questions come in my mind every day like how things work or what some things mean and most importantly, who people are. I find most of this information on wikis. I watch sports and most of the information about players, coaches and clubs are there as a wiki.
Creating a wiki is so different than just reading it, and now I know how much effort some people have done to make a useful wiki.  Designing the wiki to be helpful and to put the right information in the right place it the most frustrating thing I have faced with my wiki.
I really don’t know how I will use the wiki in the future, but with skills I have learned in this class I might build one or contribute for some of my favorite things.

In my profession, wikis are mostly used to identify some differences between devices and technologies and that is one of the things I am hoping to do some day which is building a wiki that people can use and benefit from.

1 comment:

  1. Mohammed,
    I agree that wikis are useful for finding information. I love the fact that you want to build a wiki that people can use and benefit from. I haven't spend much time using wikis and creating one was a new challenge for me as well. I believe that they can be valuable while working with a team or classmates. I am excited to read everyone's wikis. They will contain information I could never have fully researched on my own. You described using wikis to identify differences between devices and technology, what is your profession?

    ReplyDelete