Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blog #7 Choose Your Own Topic


I would like to write about some of the things I have discovered through this course.
For a start, I have never heard of Professional Learning Network “PLN” before taking this class. Sure I knew what social media is all about and I also knew that LinkedIn for example is more formal and professional than some websites like Facebook and Twitter, but I have never known what PLN is and how am I going to benefit from it.
I learned that PLN is one very important tool to participate with helping or learning from other people whom share the same interest we have. No matter if we use Twitter, Blogger, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other website, PLN is a huge collection of resources combined together from different places and different website to serve the same goal.

Another thing I gained more knowledge on is Blogging, I have never thought of how important and useful blogging is before having this opportunity in this class. I really found some very helpful and interesting ideas giving by my classmates “the readers”. I really hope that I can learn more and become better at this and wish that more people can benefit from these powerful learning tools.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Mohammed,
    I am glad that you got exposed to such versatile aspects of social media. The world of communications and social media is vast and learning about just blogging and social networks is the tip of the ice berg. Having said that, I believe that the concept of PLN is pretty diversified and it is one of the major aspects of this tool is to amplify learning and participation concept. Overall, I am glad that you have learned a lot and you are willing to explore more. Moreover, I agree with you that “the readers” is an amazing and a helpful resource. It builds good exposure that brings great insight into the ways of communication. These learning tools can not only aid in studies but also build confidence and expand vision of their users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mohammed,
    I can see that there is a development of learning in you as you try to explore on your PLN and utilizing the tools of blogging. Like you, I also started from scratch on this course and never heard of those words. Since it is all about learning, and I consider learning as a gradual process, then we need to take it step by step. I appreciate your eagerness to learn and apply what you have read and acquired in your social media accounts. Aside from blogging, can you share your experience in using Twitter and LinkedIn? Also, can you give us an overview of how will you collaborate your chosen technology with your wiki page?

    ReplyDelete